Thursday, September 22, 2011

It's not the Camera, it's the Photographer

Originally, I started this blog not as intent for school, but it seems like my school life and my personal life are one in the same now. Thus the blog is subject to my new Photography Class (which is not a bad thing! In fact, I think I can use this to my advantage). I came across the class as a way to simply see what I can learn, and see what I can use later on in my life in my efforts to be an Illustrator. I think I'm starting to get off track, however, as this was not the original intent to this post.

Back on track.

I have recently gotten a hold of a new camera. Not an ordinary any day camera, but an amateur Photography camera. A Nikon Coolpix L120. As I currently do not have it on hand at the moment of this post, here is an image I dragged from the interwebz.



It's not a special 1000$ camera, but a just-as-special 300$ one. The quality in the imagery is astounding and I am looking forward to my zoo trip this weekend to take some (hopefully!) good shots. I find that the zoo tends to have a lot of good opportunities for an amateur like me.

On the note of price, though. It does not necessarily matter just how much the camera costs. It brings me back to my original point, again. The whole reason I've been building up! You see, I came across an interesting video showing just what a photographer can do when given a cheap, dumpy camera - even an iPhone camera. 




The truth of the matter is, any artist can make art out of shit. :)

*Btw, if you want to get that joke, I suggest checking out "Artist's Shit" by Piero Manzoni.

No comments:

Post a Comment