Sunday, September 25, 2011

Photography Practice

Well, I had gone to the zoo this weekend and finally was able to use my new camera :) The day began with a Boston Creme donut and a cup of coffee from Dunkin' Donuts (compliments of Brandon). After I cleaned up a spilt mess of coffee on my lap during the drive there, my photo montage began.  I ended up taking well over 200 hundred photos that day! I ended up scrapping a lot of them, but I did get some really good shots! At least for an amateur. I'll share a few of my favorite shots:


^ All these bird shots were, unfortunately were taken through a glass, but I plan to remove the glare via photoshop :) It should not be too horrible of a challenge. 



^ This is one of my favorites! To me it looks like a bird with an attitude.




^ This poor sheep was in the middle of getting sheered ):





^ "Roadkill"


^ This poor hippo looks so sad. ): Fortunately they're about to update his exhibit. These hippos desperately need it! 


^ I think they were trying to have a private moment.














^ This particular shot was a story to get. He constantly sat there, staring at me, waiting for me to take a picture. And I took several. Oh boy, did I take a lot... But my boyfriend, Brandon, seemed particularly anxious for me to get the shot. He positioned me there and ensured I kept taking shots until I got it. I must have taken at least ten, and all the while, the monkey just kept staring at me. But my poor camera kept becoming blurry. ): I think it's because I did not have a tripod or something to set my camera on. Either way. It was becoming frustrating. Eventually, however, I got two wonderful shots of this wonderful monkey! This is my favorite of the two, and I'm so glad Brandon ensured I was patient enough to finally get it!

It was at this point that our zoo adventures had pretty much to an end. But it was so, so much fun! (Except for the part where I accidentally get bird crap on my hand. I freaked out so, so much and kept my hand as far away as me as I could.) Had a wonderful lunch, reviewed my photos on the way home, and played some much-deserved Arkham Asylum. From here on out, I do believe I am going to take the advice of a fellow MCA student and take my camera with me wherever I go now. After all, an opportunity might just hit you when you least expect it. :)

And oh...on a much less serious note, Brandon got a hold of my camera at some point during the day, and demanded to get a picture of me. I'll leave the result at the end of this ramble! I hope to get more photos in the futures. It certainly was an experience <3


No comments:

Post a Comment